JOHN R. FOSTER
P.O. Box 1686, Bloomington, IN 47402-1686 cell: 516.419.7835 email@example.com
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated attorney with extensive experience in commercial litigation. Particular expertise in transportation and insurance, including ocean, air, inland, property/casualty, liability, and environmental matters.
- Manage all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts, including pre-trial discovery, motion practice, jury and non-jury trials, and appeals before the Second Circuit and the Supreme Court.
- Supervise and direct litigation in outside jurisdictions on behalf of clients.
- Advise domestic and foreign clients on insurance and transportation law, prepare opinion letters.
- Serve as local counsel for domestic and foreign attorneys
LAW OFFICE OF JOHN R. FOSTER Bloomington, IN
LYONS & FLOOD, LLP New York, NY
Of Counsel 5/2013-present
WAESCHE, SHEINBAUM & O’REGAN, PC New York, NY
Partner 1985 – 12/31/2011
(firm ceased operations)
Associate 1980 – 1985
BIGHAM, ENGLAR, JONES & HOUSTON New York, NY
Associate 1977 – 1980
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY GRADUATE SCHOOL Washington, DC
Master of Science in Foreign Service 1978
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL Washington, DC
Juris Doctor 1977
Student Editor-in-Chief, ABA’s Tax Lawyer
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF Washington, DC
Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service 1972
New York State Bar Association
Mediator, New York Supreme Court, New York County, Commercial Division (2002-10)
Licensed to practice in the States of New York (1978) and Indiana (2016).
Admitted before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York (1978), the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth (1979)(inactive) and Second (1982)(inactive) Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court (1983).